Sunday, August 23, 2009

Becoming Grace

Each of us interacts daily with people that we rely on for affection, love and support. However, who we want to be the people who support our spiritual journey, are not always the people we would choose. Sometimes our family members are more resistant to participating in spiritual conversations, and a close co-worker or family member from our spouse's family take up that role.

What is important is connecting weekly with a group of people who support you, nurture your spiritual development, and help you find insight and grace in God's word.

The journey with people through life, as you experience and share grace, is expressed among the spheres of influence with people around you. Part of the journey might be grieving the fact you are not as close to someone as you wish you could be. However, experiencing these emotions will make you more aware of the needs of others around you, and my hope is that you are able to discover the tools, the resiliency and the grace to meet those needs.

2 comments:

  1. I may be slightly biased but great post! I'm sure many will find this blog a great resouce and tool. Keep up the great project.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completly agree that accountability is so very important. "Spheres of influence" is what you wrote...it makes me think about all the things we let into our lives that influence us. It really makes me want to step back from some things and let them go. Of course we are influenced by people as well as things. I love your blog. It makes me think and it makes me feel closer to God. It's very honest and well written.

    ReplyDelete