Monday, July 1, 2013

We all Struggle

I was driving along the road to an appointment the other day, when I started thinking about friends and family who are going through difficult times right now. I wondered how they were doing and said a prayer for them as I traveled along. My thoughts continued to focus on the concept of prevention, cure and healing for each person and family. I realized as I was praying, that is what the world focuses on.  The world tells us, “you shouldn't have to deal with this.” And we focus all of our attention and sympathy on the tragedy of the situation.  Thereby denying the person their experience of dealing with whatever has come their way,  and interfering with any experience of empowerment. The individual, couple or family (immediate and/or extended) that struggle, is often provided the opportunity in the future to support another who encounters a similar situation, if they so choose.


What if the focus was on supporting those who struggle? For we all struggle
Picture source: Grief Speaks. www.griefspeaks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment