Sunday, April 11, 2010

Marriage + Compromise = Teamwork

My husband has not been feeling well this weekend. Bronchitis hit hard on Thursday and he just has struggled to get better. I look at my list of things to accomplish this weekend, and realize that it just isn't going to happen. It also probably reveals how spoiled I am. Usually if I say, this needs to be priority this weekend, between the two of us we are able to get it done.

When we first married, I discovered quickly that the two of us accomplished far more together, than I ever even attempted when single. I think its knowing that there is someone in my corner, who is willing to help and support me that surprised me. When something doesn't go our way, he can share what he thinks would work better, but in the end, he still is on my side. The challenge all along of course, is being in agreement on what is the most important. I will say this is still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment